Master of Education in Early Childhood
Tuition may vary and is based on the total estimated credit hours within the program’s major and current per credit hour rate.
The Master of Education in Early Childhood online degree program is designed to develop expert early education skills to help build learning communities that foster continuous improvement for students from all backgrounds. Graduates become experts in early childhood education and child development, many of whom move into careers as researchers, school district specialists, master classroom teachers, consultants, and professional development providers. Some online degree graduates now serve as directors of childcare facilities, adjunct faculty at junior colleges and universities, while others go on to complete a doctoral degree. The online master’s program at Stephen F. Austin provides relevant, research-based content designed to address the needs of tomorrow’s elementary educators.
A master’s in early childhood prepares professional teachers and leaders to address the educational needs of children birth to age eight. Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- positively affect child growth and development in young children, celebrating their diversity;
- locate, critically analyze, and synthesize current, relevant literature about an early childhood topic;
- use research methods appropriately to design action research applicable to early childhood environments;
- interpret assessment data to guide instructional decisions;
- advocate for young children and their families;
- assume leadership roles and demonstrate the College of Education (COE) Conceptual Framework dispositions leading to successful early childhood teaching: academic excellence, collaboration, life-long learning, openness, integrity, and service; and demonstrate acceptable written communication skills
Students are required to complete 36 hours of coursework in early childhood education as outlined in the online master's degree plan.
*An accelerated track is also available. Please ask us for details.